Mini Iron-on Clothing Labels
Size: 6mm x 35mm
Mini clothing labels for mini items of clothing to be named.Mini size iron-on clothing labels are ideal for all the little bits of clothing that need to be named - socks, underwear, scarves, ties, to name a few. Because they are discreet, they are also perfect for older kids who don't really want to have their uniform named.
Would you like a picture on your labels? Then take a look at our larger Iron-On Clothing Labels. Or would you like some of each? Our Mixed Clothing Label Pack gives you a mixture of sizes, is great value and includes our Stick-On Clothing Labels which are perfect if you need something quick and easy to apply.
WARNING: Never place your iron directly onto the label as it will melt and stick to the bottom of the iron.
To Apply a Label
- Use a hot, dry iron – NO steam.
- Remove the mini iron-on clothing label from the backing sheet and place in position on the clothing.
- Place the non-stick baking paper supplied with your labels over the mini label.
- Place the iron onto the label and press firmly for 4-5 seconds. This time may vary from one iron to another so please test this to get the heat/time required for your iron right.
- Allow the paper to cool before removing it from over the mini label.
- The heat from the iron melts the label and activates the adhesive. Then as the label cools it firms up again with the adhesive activated. When it is attached correctly you will see the texture of the fabric impressed through the label.
To Remove a Label
- You will need to reverse the process you used to apply the mini label. Place the baking paper provided over the label and reheat the label with a hot dry iron.
- Immediately remove the baking paper and while the label is still hot pull it from a corner. Use a finger nail or a blunt knife to do this but please be careful not to burn yourself. You need to do this before the label cools down.
- The mini label will be soft and stretchy while it is hot and should peel away from the clothing.
- As it cools it may break and you will have to repeat this process until all bits of the label have been removed.
- Remember these mini labels are designed to be permanent. If you would like a temporary label try our Stick-on Clothing Labels
1) Why are my mini iron-on clothing labels coming off in the wash? I did follow the instructions when I applied them.
We find that the main reason mini iron-on clothing labels come off is because either not enough heat has been used or the iron was not left on the label for long enough. If the back surface of the label that has come off is still shiny then the adhesive has not been activated. The settings on every iron are a little different so it us best to use one of the extra labels we provide to do a couple of test runs first.
2) I have lost the paper you gave me to use with my mini iron-on labels. Can you tell me what it is?
It is non-stick baking paper, either Glad Bake or Multix Bake (in Australia) which can be bought at the supermarket.
3) I need to remove a mini iron-on clothing label from some clothing. How can I get it off?
Please see instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab.
All orders are dispatched from our office within a maximum of 4 business days using Royal Mail first class postage.
Orders are delivered to your letter box. The actual delivery time will depend on where you live and how quickly Royal Mail can deliver to you location. Unfortunately My Name Label has no control over Royal Mail delivery times.
Find out more about our shipping and return policies by visiting the Help page.
Meet the Designer
Meet the Designer | Lucinda Budden
Name Label Design Tips & Advice
You might also like...View all
Name Labels make a unique gift but you will probably want to let the recipient desig...
Mini Name Labels
We love these labels! Mini stick-on labels make naming pencils, felt tips and all t...
Next time you are at the carousel in the airport, make spotting and retrieving your ...
Birthday Gift Stickers